當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第504期:Mean Professor 刻薄的教授

美語情景對話 第504期:Mean Professor 刻薄的教授

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.02W 次

Brett: Hey, Shawn, how are classes going?

布萊特:嗨,肖恩,課上的怎麼樣?

Shawn: Well, it's exam time right now, and you know what, I really think I'm going to fail this one class.

肖恩:現在是考試季,我想我這門課可能會不及格。

Brett: Why is that?

布萊特:爲什麼?

Shawn: Well, it's not any of my fault. It's actually, I think that the teacher doesn't like me.

肖恩:並不是我的錯。實際上,我認爲老師不喜歡我。

Brett: He doesn't like you. What do you mean?

布萊特:他不喜歡你。你這麼說什麼意思?

Shawn: It's kind of strange, I mean, I go up and I ask him and he disagrees with me and but he actually takes Personal offense to what I say.

肖恩:我覺得有點奇怪,我去問他問題,他不同意我的觀點,而且認爲我說的話冒犯了他。

Brett: Personal offense.

布萊特:受到冒犯。

Shawn: Which is funny, right.

肖恩:這很好笑。

Brett: What do you mean?

布萊特:什麼意思:

Shawn: Like, I'll give you an example. I went up because I didn't get a question on my homework right, and I asked him why I didn't get any marks for it, and the question in the book, asked you for your own opinion, so I did write my own opinion, but when I went up to talk to him about the question he said that what I had written wasn't in the book so I got no points for it.

肖恩:我舉個例子吧。我去找他是因爲我對我的作業有疑問,我問他爲什麼沒有給我的作業判分,書上的作業是讓發表個人觀點,我就寫下了我的個人觀點,可是我和他談論這個問題的時候,他說我寫的內容課本上沒有,所以我就沒有分數。

Brett: So what's the point of asking for your own opinion?

布萊特:那爲什麼還讓你們談個人觀點?

Shawn: See, that's the funny part. I don't know. What about you? How are your classes going?

肖恩:這就是好笑的地方。我也不知道。你呢?你的課怎麼樣了?

Brett: My classes are going OK. Right now I'm really just working on my thesis, and it's taking me a long time to gather all the materials, resources, and go through all the readings, but it's going OK, I think.

布萊特:我的課很順利。現在我正在寫論文,把所有材料和素材整合在一起、瀏覽所有材料花了我很長時間,不過我想現在一切順利。

Shawn: How many pages do you have to write for your thesis?

肖恩:你們要求論文寫多少頁?

Brett: I probably have to write about twenty pages, or so, and I have to survey, about a thousand people and it's taking me a lot of time to analyze all that data.

布萊特:我可能要寫20頁吧,大概是這樣,我要對1000個人進行調查,所以我花了大量時間進行數據分析。

Shawn: Twenty pages, that's not, is that double space or single space?

肖恩:20頁,你是用兩倍行距還是單倍行距?

Brett: That's double space.

布萊特:兩倍行距。

Shawn: So that's not that much.

肖恩:哦,那就不是太多了。

Brett: Yeah, it's about 10,000 words, or so.

布萊特:對啊,大概1萬字左右吧。

Shawn: Well, I hope you do well and good luck to your research.

肖恩:嗯,我希望你順利,祝你研究順利。

Brett: Thank you.

布萊特:謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第504期:Mean Professor 刻薄的教授

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解
1. disagree with
不同意;有分歧;意見不合;
eg. She seemed to disagree with this decision.
她似乎不同意這個決定。
eg. I disagree with you on all counts.
你的所有那些觀點我都不同意。
2. go through
通讀;徹查;
eg. He thought it his duty to go through the papers.
他認爲自己有責任檢查這些文件。
eg. You'd better go through your test paper again.
你最好把考卷再看一遍。
3. or so
…左右;…上下;
eg. There were twenty or so people at the party.
大約有20多人蔘加了聚會。
eg. It will be warmer in another month or so.
再過一個月左右,天氣會更暖和起來。