開車:Fighting a Ticket in Court 在法庭上爲罰單而戰(1)
13. Fighting a Ticket in Court (1)
13.在法庭上爲罰單而戰(1)
A: Your Honour, I'd like to challenge this ticket.
A:閣下,我想質疑這張罰單。
B: What is your reason for challenging this ticket?
B:你質疑這張罰單的理由是什麼?
A: The police officer did not have the right to issue the ticket.
A:警察沒有權利開這張罰單。
B: Can you explain what you mean with that statement?
B:你能解釋一下你這句話的意思嗎?
A: I was rightfully parked. He told me that I was parked in a handicap space.
A:我正確的停車。他告訴我我停在了一個不利空間。
B: Well, was it a handicap space?
B:好吧,那是個不利空間嗎?
A: It used to be. It is not anymore.
A:過去曾是。現在不再是了。
B: Well, was there a sign letting you know it was a handicap space?
B:好吧,那裏有標誌提醒你是個不利空間嗎?
A: No, because the spot has since been removed.
A:沒有,因爲標誌被挪走了。
B: So, did you explain to the officer that it was no longer a handicap space.
B:那麼,你有向警官解釋這裏不再是不利空間嗎?
A: I tried, but he wouldn't listen. He said I was trying to get away from paying.
A:我試過,但是他沒有聽。他說我在試圖逃掉罰單。
B: Thank you. I will question the officer, and get his side of the story.
B:謝謝你。我會問詢警官,聽聽他怎麼說。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載