當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 讓人閉嘴,這8條表達禮貌又地道

讓人閉嘴,這8條表達禮貌又地道

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.61W 次

想要休息,但宿舍太吵?如果環境迫使你要喊shut up,那麼下面這篇文章對你一定有所用處。哪怕是shut up,也可以不重樣。

讓人閉嘴,這8條表達禮貌又地道

1. Put a sock in it

impolitely telling someone to stop talking or making a noise

不客氣地讓某人安靜


Couldn’t you put a sock in it? I’d love to do some work, but I can’t in this noise.

能不能把嘴閉上?你太吵了,我根本無法工作。

Put a sock in it, there are people who are trying to sleep around here.

別說話,有人正準備睡覺呢。

2. Cork it / put a cork in it

telling someone to be quiet

要求某人安靜


It’s too late and we’re fed up with your stories –cork it and go to sleep.

夜已深,而且我們聽夠你的故事了——別講了,睡吧。

Don’t you want to work instead of talking all the time? Cork it and take your tools.

滔滔不絕地說廢話,難道你不打算工作麼?趕緊閉嘴拿上工具幹活吧。

3. Button it

telling someone rudely to be quiet

粗魯地讓某人保持安靜


Button it, can’t you? I’m trying to concentrate.

閉上嘴,行嗎?我正努力集中精力。

If you don’t button it, I’ll get up and go away.

你再不閉嘴,我就走了。

4. Shut up / shut your pie hole

a rude way to tell someone to be quiet (pie hole = mouth /slang/)

無禮地讓某人安靜(派口=嘴/俚語/)


Shut your pie hole or I’ll shut it for you!

把嘴閉上,不然我就幫你閉上。

Shut your pie hole and mind what you’re doing!

閉嘴,看看你在做什麼!

5. Zip (up) your lip(s) / zip it up

an informal way to tell someone to be quiet

讓他人安靜的一種非正式說法


Zip your lips, boys, and listen to me.

孩子們,安靜,聽我說。

We told her to be quiet, but she just couldn’t zip it up.

我們想讓她安靜,可她偏要講話。

6. Wind your neck in

a rude way to tell someone to be quiet and/or calm down

一種讓人安/冷靜的無禮說法


Cool down, buddy, wind your neck in, you’ve made enough troubles already.

冷靜點,兄弟,少說幾句,你惹的麻煩已經夠多了。

Wind your neck in and sit quiet, we’ve taken the wrong road due to your talking nonsense.

少說幾句吧,好好坐着。你的胡言亂語已經把我們帶錯路了。

7. Simmer down

calm down after anger or excitement; an informal way to tell someone to cool down

憤怒或興奮後平靜下來。讓某人冷靜的非正式表達


Please don’t shout, simmer down, there’s no point in rejoicing yet.

別大喊大叫,安靜一點,這沒有什麼可慶祝的。

Simmer down, guys, we’d better work first and make a party later.

冷靜點,弟兄們,我們最好乾完活在慶祝。

8. Pipe down

an informal way to tell someone to stop talking and/or to make less noise

讓某人安靜或減少噪音的一種非正式表達


The teacher shouted at the kids to pipe down but all in vain, none of them stopped talking.

雖然老師拼命讓孩子們安靜下來,但徒勞無功,大家依然嘰嘰喳喳說個不停。

Will you tell your mates to pipe down? I can’t work in this noise.

能讓你的夥伴小聲一點麼?我想做點事兒,但是噪音太大,做不了。

你喜歡這些習語麼?喜歡請分享給小夥伴們~歡迎留言!